Saturday, May 29, 2010

A little behind...

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I wrote. I was doing this so I would be better about it, and ..... Well, it is May, and that always keeps us BUSY as we wrap up the end of the year! What has happened this month??

Alyssa wrapped up her softball season. She played all positions, and she definitely improved throughout the season. I think she really enjoyed playing. I am very proud of her, and how hard she tries while playing. We attended Chad's end of year baseball party....Alyssa had a blast playing there in the sand! And, Alyssa finished Kindergarten! OMG!!! She is now a first grader! Where did this year go??? She had an awards assembly the other day. She got an award for 'Terrific Writer Award for Excellent Handwriting.' I am so proud of her for getting all 'smiley' faces all year too! She has definitely come out of her shell some, and she will surely miss her teacher and friends! She is truly helpful...when she wants to be. She loves being a big sister. There is no doubt she loves Austin more than us! I hope that never changes!! She is definitely going through a stage of talking back and always wanting her way. Some days I think there is some switch that she turns on or off the moment I pick her up or when we walk through the door of the house! Again, I must work on my patience with this because I don't do very well with it. HOW do elementary teachers do it all day long every day???? I need some of that patience!

Austin is doing well since he got his tubes. Of course, he was already a pretty happy guy before them. The major change since then is that he does sleep through the night more often. We still have some nights where he wakes up around 2 am wanting a bottle. I can deal with it since he usually goes back to sleep. His follow up went well with the doctor also. He is definitely interested in standing up by himself. He does this quite a bit now. He even took one step at daycare on 5/27. He also started clapping for us this week. I think he does it at daycare. Missie says he also waves bye bye to people, but I have not yet seen him do it. You can see a finger or two move. He definitely likes to shake his head no when he does not want anymore food or drink. He is eating more table food these days, but I struggle often in the evenings with it. I think he is too exhausted at times to mess with it. However, he went to town with the spaghetti and corn the other night! He has the cutest giggles and smile. He does need a haircut right now though...it is getting long by his ears and in the back. AND, he even has Chad's same little 'ducktail' in the back! I love the mornings when he wakes up so happy and is all smiles!

We also recently celebrated our friend Ryan's first birthday, but we unfortunately missed Coleton's first birthday party today. :( Chad and I had to report to graduation duties today. I ventured out and took the kiddos to some softball this evening, and watched our Cougarettes win the Regional Finals to advance to the state tournament for the second year in a row! That was AWESOME! So great to see such excitement in kids and your peers. One of the things that makes this job so rewarding.

And, Chad and I also witnessed another year of graduation ceremonies. 11 years here in NB. 12 overall for me. 13 overall for Chad. WOW! Even though there are some tough days, it is so awesome to witness these kids on this special day. So neat to think about what lies ahead for so many of them! I was honored to be chosen for a special banquet honoring the Top 15 graduates. That banquet was about 2 weeks ago, and I attended with a VERY special young lady...Courtney! WOW...a rare find in teaching...she has truly touched my life. I hope someday Alyssa will display so many of her amazing qualities as a young person with high goals and morals.

Prayer...something that has definitely taken a priority in my life. Monday was a rough day as dad got back biopsy with results we didn't want to hear. He has lung cancer, and right now we are waiting for the scan results to find out more info. So, I pray that God gives my dad, and mom, the strength to fight through this. I pray that God helps guide the doctors and nurses that will be working with my dad. And, so many more prayers....

I am daily reminded of how precious life is, to never take anything for granted, and to remember how blessed I am. Through following students in accidents and pulling through it all, reading about someone who had premature twins and what little miracles they are, and hearing so many stories from others.....I give so many thanks for everything I have. I pray that I will learn to slow down, appreciate and savor the moments, become a stronger person, and become a 'better' person.

Alyssa, Austin & Chad...I love you so much and I thank you for your love and support everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment