Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tubes and Getting Sick

Okay, I have a bit of catching up to do. We went on April 21 to see the ENT, and of course, he decided Austin would need to get tubes. So, we scheduled them for the following Friday.

The next day, I went with Alyssa's class to the zoo! That was a lot of fun. She and I hung out with two of her friends, and another mom. We enjoyed walking around and seeing all of the animals. She wanted to see a zebra, but we did not. Funny story that cracked me up, that I must record for one day! We were watching the monkeys play, and she loudly yells out..."EWWW...you can see its booty and its tee-tee!" Stacy & I just cracked up laughing. The innocence! Apparently all but one kid from her class fell asleep on the bus ride back to NB! She even had a softball game that evening.

Over the weekend we hung out outside, and even enjoyed a trip out to Gruene to walk around. And, Austin had his 9 month pics taken at JC Penney. He did great, and I think they turned out PRECIOUS!

And, then the CRAZY week of TAKS began. Well, Monday was crazy, and the afternoon didn't get better as I got a phone call about Austin having a fever and not feeling well. His fever lasted from Mon afternoon through Thursday afternoon! Chad stayed home two days, and I stayed home two days. After two doctor visits, they said he had a throat viral infection. He was just very lethargic and had a high fever. The first couple of days he couldn't really sleep unless you held him. One night his fever got up to 105...but he was sleeping on my chest in the recliner. The fever had us worried because he was schedule to get the tubes. HOWEVER, by Friday morning it was gone. So, we got up early and they did the 'quick' surgery. He came home and took a while to get to a nap, but then he was much better!

We even watched a little bit of daddy's last baseball game to end the day. Sad for daddy that his season ended with no playoffs, but it has been a ROUGH year. Hopefully next year will be better!

And, actually, Austin & Alyssa are spending time away right now. Alyssa is with her cousins, and Austin is with his Momo. They took the kids so we could have a date night, and a night of uninterrupted sleep! THANKS! However, I, of course, was up at 7:15 AM this morning! SERIOUSLY??!! All the things I wanted to get done today were on the brain, and I couldn't get back to sleep! It was weird though walking down the hallway and seeing empty kids rooms. :(

I do look forward to picking you guys up this afternoon. Only 4 more weeks 'til summer my babies! We are looking forward to so many things!

Alyssa....I can't believe you will soon be a first grader! You love to play school with your babies when we get home! You were so proud to read a 60 page Dr. Seuss book yesterday! (So was I!) You are an AMAZING secret keeper! You are a picky eater and don't want to try new stuff! (wonder where you get that from!) You enjoy being outside on the swing and trampoline! You are not interested in wearing dresses right now, and you ONLY want to wear flip-flops! You LOVE to make Austin laugh!

Austin...I can't believe in less than 3 months you will be ONE! You LOVE to be outside! You enjoy chillin' in your swing! You love your pacifiers! I crack up at that 'sly' grin that hides behind your pacifier! You LOVE your big sister! You don't really want to be held to be put to sleep! We have to put you in the bed, you usually throw out your pacifier & cry a bit, we pick you up, you wiggle around, and then we put you back in the bed so you will go to sleep! Sometimes that cycle occurs a few times! You still sometimes gag on the '3' foods, so we are slowly adding those in! I am pretty sure the first time you said 'Mama' was the other day when you were sick, I walked out the door as you spent the day at home with daddy! Broke my heart...it was on my birthday!

I love you both so much, even though I seem to lose my patience so much! I am daily asking God to help me with that...it is one of my biggest weaknesses! So, Alyssa, even when I am so short with you, please know I love you to the moon and back a bazillion times! Austin...love you too sweet boy!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Austin is feeling better. There's nothing more scary then having a baby that is sick and is still to young to talk to you about it! I hope and pray the worst is over with your kiddos. Love you too girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete