Saturday, June 19, 2010

Random Things....

Well, this summer is not quite what I expected it to be! Our goal was to hit s'bahn at least 30 times....not sure that will happen! Between Alyssa being sick for over a week, and then a couple more days...that set us back. Then Austin was sick for a few days too. We also got our sad news about Popo, so we are spending lots of time with family. Which is good play time with cousins...when 'jealousy' and 'bossiness' is not an issue! Popo is doing much better this week. 7/10 radiation treatments are done! He is eating much better, and he is definitely up out of bed much more. Momo had to get a hospital bed to help him be more comfortable. And, he is definitely bossing Momo (and all of us) around! Austin is becoming a Momo's boy...he has her picking him up the instant he crawls to her and whimpers! Alyssa might try to bring home all the cats if we let her! Not sure what we will do when we leave and don't take one home with us! Chad is currently in AZ - we were all supposed to go, but we stayed to help take care of Popo. I won't miss the HOT temperatures, but we are missing Chaddo! We will not get to spend Father's Day with him...but we hope to have a nice little surprise for him when he returns. The week after next is supposed to be mine & Chad's get-a-way to Mexico....not sure what will happen with that.

While I am selfishly sad at times, I am also doing my best to simply treasure this time with family and no work! Just have to be creative in entertaining my children out of their 'environment' for over a week. I am truly blessed, and I will continue to remind myself of that! OH...and I am sooo thankful that my mom finally upgraded her internet service so that I can actually update my blog while here! And, keep in touch with civilization through email!!! The dial-up took about 10 minutes to get to one page! The things we become so accustomed to in our fast paced lives....Peace.....

No comments:

Post a Comment