Sunday, August 8, 2010

Some Catching Up To Do....

Wow it has been a long time since I last wrote....where do I begin? What has happened? This will be a 'journal' entry for me to write about the last couple of weeks.

July 24 - Mom & Dad's 45th Anniversary - WOW! That's a long time! The sad part about the day was that we had to be at the nursing center to visit dad, and it was not one of his best days. All of my family went, and we took mom out to lunch with us.

July 26 - Took the kids for their yearly checkups.
Austin - 1 yr appt - got shots, weight 20 lb 6 oz (13%), 32" height (95%), 18.5 head - the doctor was worried about his weight - has gone down - she said we will have to come back in 6 weeks to check up on things - kind of scares me, but I am trying to not really worry; Austin is a PICKY eater! He has transitioned to the sippy cup & whole milk VERY easily, but I can't get him to eat many things! He likes ANY bread foods just about, and he likes yogurt and applesauce. One day he will eat something for me....the next day he won't. It is VERY hard for me to keep track of his teeth - he won't let me in there! He had 11 the day I took him, but today (8/8/10) - I realized he was getting another one on the bottom front. SO...he now has 12 in all. 4 front on top & bottom & then all four molars are peeking through! He is pretty good through it all, and it doesn't seem to bother him too much!

Alyssa - 46 lbs, 45.6", Vision - R 20/25, L - 20/20, she is doing great! I need to work on her 'pickiness' as well! I wish I had more time and experience to be a better cook as well....then there would be more variety! Cooking is definitely one of my weaknesses....thankfully Chad still loves me!

July 27 - took the kids with me to watch a little volleyball for open gym...that was fun! Alyssa had fun playing with a 'light' volleyball...I hope she will one day really enjoy the game!

July 28 - Alyssa went to a sleepover at her BFF's house (kinley) - she was SUPER excited!

July 29 - Austin went to daycare, Alyssa went to Bisque Bistro for a 'class', and I helped Heather with the 9th grade volleyball camp. It was fun to be there, and I do miss it in some ways! I don't miss all the time, but I miss Heather, Tara & the other coaches, the connection with the girls, and the 'pride' that comes with it. HOWEVER, I am enjoying the lesser stress in life right now! That night Alyssa's other BFF (ainsley) came over for a sleep over, and we enjoyed a picnic in the park while listening to music.

July 30-August 1 - We headed to see our families for the weekend. Chad & I had a wedding to attend on Saturday for a former football player. So, on Saturday Alyssa stayed with my sister, and Austin stayed with Chad's parents. They both had lots of fun with cousins! We enjoyed the wedding as well. It was a nice little getaway. That Sunday we spent some time at my moms, cleaning, visiting & helping her. Mikaylee came back with us for a couple days.

August 2 - I took Mikaylee & Alyssa to the bahn! We had a great time! I had fun hanging out with them, and we spent all day there. They were pooped by the end of the day....we hit all 3 parks! We had some 'alarming' moments, but all in all we had a LOT of fun! Chad was at work for football camp & meetings all week.

August 3 - I took dad to another doctor appt. He is very weak, and there is not much 'muscle' to him. I wish that he could be happier, and not feel the need to complain about everything! Mikaylee & Alyssa traveled along with me, and they were GREAT! I was so proud of how well they were. It was a long day from NB to Bastrop to Austin to Bastrop to LG and back to NB by 6 to pick up Austin!

August 4 - 5 - We took our time in the mornings hanging out - me and the kiddos. Then Austin headed to daycare while Alyssa & I did various things. Alyssa had Kinley over for a sleepover....they had a GREAT time playing. VERY cute to watch them! A silly thing that made my night....baking cupcakes for Corbin's party when I realized the eggs were old. SO, I did not hesitate to get in the truck and make a 'quick' trip to HEB to get more stuff. Since the new one has opened up down the road, it was quite convenient!

August 6 - Met Bonnie to get pictures done of the kids in the park. The kids did great, and Bonnie got some GREAT pictures. NOW, I have to try to make some decisions! We left in the afternoon to head home for Corbin's 5th birthday party. He had a pool party, and it was a lot of fun! I think he really enjoyed it too! Swimming, pizza, and cake....can't go wrong with that! Alyssa TRULY surprised me as she asked to go jump off the diving board! REALLY???? Are we talking about the same person??? There was a lifeguard there to help her when she jumped in, but then she had to swim to the ladder. I was so proud of her! Just made me simply smile! She has come such a long way in the water, and learning to swim! So fun to watch her overcome some of these fears she has. She is such a 'cautious' person! I am thankful for that, but there are moments when it is a bittersweet quality.

August 7 & 8 - We headed to Austin to spend time with the Lyons family! We headed out to the dock to get their boat, and we spent the day on Lake Travis. They have a raft that can hold 4 people. I wasn't sure how Alyssa would do, but she surprised us again! The 4 kids loaded up on the raft and let John pull them for a while. We would stop & swim in some areas as well. She was very worried at first, but she soon realized that the life jacket would take care of her. I enjoyed seeing the 'eyes' with the fear for a brief second as the waves caused them to bounce & then there was the smile to follow afterwards. Holly & I even hopped on with the girls for a while, and then we challenged John to pulling us two 'women.' That was a LOT of fun.....I haven't laughed that much in a while. It felt great! It took a bit....but he met his goal of throwing us off the tube...a couple times! Then of course, it was the boys' turns. Chad went on with J & W, and I think he had a lot of fun! Even when they all got taken under a bit! Austin was not sure about this trip at first....he did NOT like the lifejacket. I just left it on him, making him get used to it. The first time in the water he was fussing, like he wanted in. So, I brought him in too, but I don't think he was too fond of it. He even got himself a nap in on the boat as well. By the end of the day, he didn't even really notice the lifejacket. He was a trooper through it all. Then we had dinner at their Grammy's house. It was so nice to spend the day with such great friends that we don't get to see as much as we would like. They truly spoiled us, and we are so blessed. Alyssa even got to sleep in a tent with Abi.

We woke up this morning, and headed back to NB after seeing Holly's new school. We had great intentions to head to the bahn, but we were too pooped. Plus, we needed to get some laundry and rest!

Chad begins two-a-days this week. So, we will not see him much anymore during football season. We are lucky though, because he still gets his weekends. I have so many things I want to get done this week as inservice is next week, and then school starts the following week. I also have to start focusing on work some....I have a new prep this year...Geometry! I am trying to maintain a positive attitude about it.

I am truly blessed with two beautiful children. They are always given compliments on their beautiful blue eyes. Alyssa's are just 'mesmerizing'. And, Austin has such long eyelashes with his blue eyes. Austin has the CUTEST giggle, and I love listening to it as I turn him upside down & tickle him. He is learning to sign 'more'...even if it is just for more bread! He is a pretty happy guy unless he is hungry or tired! Alyssa is my 'pleaser' and is very worried about knowing what all we are doing for the day, and where we are going next. Are we on the go much??? They are pretty good kids who are very healthy! That alone is enough reason to be thankful. I need to somehow find a way to remind myself everyday to "slow down...have patience....enjoy the moments...be happy....and be thankful." Why is that so hard? Oh yeah....simply called LIFE!

I thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful family, and I ask God to watch over my mom & dad during this tough time.

Alyssa & Austin....I love you more than words can express! MUAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment