Friday, July 23, 2010

Port A!

July 18-21, 2010

We headed to Port A for our annual trip! We don't know how many years we have gone now, but we do look forward to it each year! We also enjoy that the trip now involves my sister and her family. We even got my parents involved; however, they didn't get to join us this trip. :( I know dad really wanted to be there to go fishing with the guys!

We left on Sunday, but first we headed to Austin to go visit dad....all four of us went for a short visit. Then we headed to Port A. The kids did pretty well, and slept about half of the way. We went to the condo and unpacked. Then the four of us went out to eat for dinner before making a quick run to the grocery store. My sister and family arrived about the time we returned.

Monday was the day at the beach. We got there around 11 am and left around 6 pm. The kids had a BLAST! We set up canopies, and made a day of it! Austin enjoyed it too...he of course tried to eat the sand. He never really napped, except when my sister left for a bit! I don't know how he made it all day like that! Then we headed back and rinsed off. I gave Austin a bath, fed him, and put him to bed. The guys worked on dinner, while Renee took the kiddos to the pool for a while. It was a FUN day!

Tuesday was the day the guys got up early to go fishing, which was a great success! My sister and I loaded up the kids and headed to Corpus. We took them to the Aquarium, which was a lot of fun! I think they really enjoyed it. Then we went to eat on the water at Joe's Crab Shack! That was fun...Corbin made the waiters dance again as he kept requesting it! Small world as a canyon kid was our waiter, and one of my former students was the bartender! Fun to see that! We headed back for more swimming in the pool while the guys grilled some of their fish that they caught! YUMMY!

Wednesday left us getting ready to pack up and head home. However, since my sister wasn't leaving yet, we did not have to rush out of there. So, we headed to the beach for a few more hours. Alyssa had more fun on the boogie boards this day as she and Corbin even raced some! We headed back to get ready, and Alyssa enjoyed some more swimming while we cleaned and packed up! She has definitely gotten better at swimming, and even a bit more confident. Thanks also to Aunt Renee for her swimming lessons while we were there! The ride back was VERY peaceful....the kids slept almost the entire time.

Another trip to the beach....great memories with great family....just too short, as usual! I do have to say that I look forward to the days when the kids grow up and don't argue about such 'petty' stuff....please tell me that will happen. I know they love each other, but why can't they just 'PLAY' instead of testing each other, and arguing over silly stuff???? Thanks to my sis and bro-in-law for getting the place for us....we had a LOT of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a ton of fun. I love your new blog background. Hearts are my favorite! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete