Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Latest & Greatest on our Family!

Well...so much to report about from the past two weeks! First of all, Chad and I went on a much-needed all-adult, all-inclusive get-away last week! It was absolutely amazing. We stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres....what an awesome place! The rooms with a rooftop terrace and pool absolutely made the resort! It was great for us to have some time, along with some relaxation and sun. The kids stayed at their grandparents, and my sister's too. Austin officially took off walking while we were gone. The first day back at our house he had fun just walking from room to room! I think he thought he was big stuff. On Saturday, July 3, I also discovered a tooth on the bottom right...in the back...maybe a molar?? Which is crazy because he still has the same 4 on top, 2 on bottom, plus this one! Austin has found the little car 'coupe' at my mom's house - he LOVES it! Although he gets VERY frustrated when he can't get the door to stay open. He likes to scream a bit when things don't go just his way. Not sure where he gets that from???? :) He is all about the remote controls and phones! He even points the remote at the TV to turn it on. And, he will start to chatter with the phone up to his ear! He is absolutely precious...his hair is getting a bit lighter, and he looks like he could use a haircut again. I can't believe he will be one in less than a week! I get sort of sappy at times thinking that this is it for the baby stages since we say we are done. I think about having 3 and that it would be nice, BUT then the reality of me trying to balance all that slaps me in the face! I would not be very good at balancing more than two...I struggle now!

Alyssa is counting down the days until her pool party....she is SUPER excited! She had a lot of fun while we were gone. She even collected cans to earn some cash while we were gone! Hopefully she wasn't drinking any beer from them....she was with my sister so who knows....J/K! She has, unfortunately, picked up one of my addictions - playing card games on the computer or my phone. She loves to play solitaire or spider! We have been to Schlitterbahn a couple more times with friends, and we have visited a couple libraries. We also went to the farmers market a couple weeks ago, and she enjoyed that. Alyssa LOVES to take her brother down the slides at s'bahn or the park. She wants to hold him all the time now too. She is also into putting on some of my jewelry, and playing 'office' with the computer and her notepad. It's pretty cute! I do have to admit she is not too much fun to play games with sometimes. If she is losing, or loses, it is NOT pretty. She is not a good loser! Definitely some more 'sassiness' creeping in as well...definitely tests me! She has already picked out her cat to take from my parents - it's name is Mittens! How am I going to adjust to this...we always had cats growing up. But, I don't know how to make it an outdoor cat? And what if it runs away? So, do we just keep it inside? UGH!!! I guess if it runs away...there are about 15 more to choose from at my parents!

My dad is doing okay. The chemo is taking its toll on his body right now. He is very tired, weak, and having lots of stomach cramps. So, we continue to pray for him and his strength.

We are really looking forward to our upcoming beach trip with the whole family...should be lots of fun! Can't wait to see Austin soaking up the water and sand!

Alyssa & Austin...I love you both so much! We enjoyed our trip, but we missed you both. It was so great to see you when we got back! When we talked on the phone, you told me...'Everytime I think of you mommy, I cry.' Oh, my love....I hope you will always feel that way about missing me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment