Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Alyssa

Dear Alyssa,
I can't believe you are getting close to finishing up Kindergarten! Where has the time gone? You are doing so much better than I ever imagined! You still have your 'shy' moments, but you have come out of your shell a lot. I was very nervous about you going to school, after our past experiences. You didn't cry in the mornings...thankfully. You have an AMAZING teacher, and we are so blessed. One day this semester I asked if you wanted to go through the drop off line, and you said YES! It was a bittersweet moment watching you walk up to school on your own. I was so proud, but yet a bit sad as I watched my big girl walk up! I am so happy with how you have responded to riding the bus to my campus every day, and how you have adjusted to waiting on me in the afternoons, while getting to play with the other teacher's kids. It will be sad in a couple weeks when their moms all move to a different part of the building, but I know we will make it work. (You don't know that is coming yet!) You love to play school in the afternoons - and at the house. You are always teaching your students. :) Following the same routine you do at your school. In the mornings you wake up to your own alarm clock, and most of the time you pick out your own clothes and get yourself dressed. Breakfast is not necessarily your favorite....unless of course we go by the donut store - Shipleys! We must do that at least once a week! My favorite part of the day is probably when we go pick up Austin. He smiles everytime he says you, and he gets so excited. I love the times on our way home, or wherever, and you have him giggling in the back! I pray you two will have a great relationship always! You love that little guy soooo much, and it just makes me smile to think about it. When we come home you finish homework, and then you LOVE to watch TV. You know your channels, and you enjoy watching Hanna Montana, Suite Life, and many others. You take your shower after dinner, and then you read to me or daddy. Your reading has improved so much this year. It is amazing how those 'chunks' and 'blenders' have taught you so much! You also feed your fish, Doree, before you lay down. You can't go to sleep without 'Spitzie' - your cat from Mikaylee's 7th birthday party. You still want one of us to lay with you while you go to sleep. It is nice at times, but hard because I like to fall asleep myself. :) You are much better though because I can go do some things and come back and check on you. You are having fun playing softball, and you love to play in the backyard when we have nice weather. You swing, practice softball, jump on the trampoline, play with your dolls, or whatever. You still love to play with your babies....you LOVE to take care of them. Today was the first time I had to pick you up from school - you have some sort of stomach bug. So sad to see you like this....but you are being quite the trooper. I pray you feel better in the morning. You are super sweet, and you like to do/make things for other people. You get embarrassed pretty easily, and you don't like for people to laugh at you. You are a great student at school, and I can only imagine how it would rock your world if you don't get a 'happy face' one day at school. You are a rule follower....well most of the time! You like to test me at times. You continue to teach me about patience...and I wish I was so much better. I love you so much my sweet girl, and I am so thankful for you. I love you to the moon and back a zillion times. Muah! Love - Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment