Saturday, March 13, 2010

Today...

Today Austin turned 8 months old! He is truly on the move...and a boy! Much busier already than Alyssa was. We went to the doctor yesterday for a follow up on his ears. He weighed 19 lbs 15 oz. The ears were not better. Both were very red now and looked bad inside. What do they REALLY look like in there??? I wish they would let me look one time. As if I would really know what to look for, but.... Anyways, we are on our third round of meds for it, and at this point I am preparing myself for the possibility of tubes in the VERY near future. :( With that being said, it is almost two years since Alyssa got hers, and they are still not completely healed. She has a little hole still in her left ear which is probably going to require a 'patch' surgery very soon. The doctor recommends doing it about 6 weeks before summer so that she can swim and all. It is an outpatient surgery, and they say it is simple like the tubes, BUT it is still a 'surgery.' So, we will see how that goes!

Chad is in the midst of baseball, so today was the bracket play of the tournament....which they WON tonight. They went 6-0 in three days...whew! I am so proud of him, and all that he puts up with in a sport with so many issues. Anyways, the three of us took it easy this morning, and then we packed up and headed to Gruene for a couple hours. We walked around, and then ate a late lunch. What a BEAUTIFUL day! I enjoyed hanging with the two kiddos...they were both great. Then we stopped by a friends house to drop off/pick up some stuff, went to HEB, softball practice, and back home. What a busy, but blessed day! Alyssa and I even had a conversation in the car stating all the things we are thankful for.

Also, I learned something new last night. Before we left Supernanny was on. I must confess that I like watching that show for ideas on 'improving' my patience. So, I recorded two episdoes. After we got home, I put one on, and Alyssa watched some of it with me. It was a GOOD learning tool for her. She saw how to/not to act, and we had some discussions. Nothing too major....THEN this evening she started to test me a little. All of a sudden she says, "Momma...come here." Yes, Alyssa? "I love you, and I am sorry for being bad earlier." awww...melted my heart....so THANK YOU Supernanny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment