Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dear Austin

Dear Austin,
You will be 8 months this weekend....wow! Tonight I watched you...soaking up the 'baby' moments. What an amazing age you are at. How wonderful and easy life is at this moment. No worries...just getting to eat, sleep, and play. You are simply precious, and so much fun. You are a happy little guy who smiles a lot. I LOVE IT! You have two more teeth that broke through this week - on Tuesday, March 8. You now have your two bottom and top teeth, along with another one on the top left. They bother you some, but you are not too fussy. You love your wub-a-nub pacifiers! They have been great, and so easy for you to grab and find. You are definitely opposite of Alyssa in the fact that you want that pacifier all the time. In the mornings you wake up a happy guy. We get you dressed for Missie's house, and you have a bottle. Right now you like to prepare a 'gift' for Missie on our way to school, and then you seem very happy and content throughout the day with your friends. How blessed we are that the kids of two of my best friends are with you daily. :) At your school you lay in the playpen and fall asleep on your own for naps. Wow!?! That doesn't usually happen at our house. You typically fall asleep on the way home. Sometimes you wake up when we get home, and other times you continue napping. You are usually worn out from your day. We get home and you usually eat, play, and take a bath before getting ready for bed. We typically rock you to sleep after giving you a small bottle. However, lately that has not really worked. You do better if I just go put you in your bed. I guess that is better in the long run, right??? I just miss cuddling with you, and falling asleep with you in my arms. We also usually give you some sort of breathing treatment once you are asleep. You have had some struggles with bronchiolitis, and right now the doctors say we should do a long term, once a day steroid treatment. You have been okay for a week or so now. You are also recovering from a second ear infection. You are eating 2nd foods, and seem to be loving them. I think you prefer the fruits over the veggies and meats. You like to eat the 'stars' too. I feel so behind on your eating schedule, but I think you will be okay! You typically wake up once during the night, insisting on having a bottle. You were awesome in the beginning about sleeping through the night, but ever since you got sick you like to wake up at least once. You have started crawling, and you are on the move. You LOVE bathtime...you like to splash around, and you have no problems with water in your face. There are a couple of toys you enjoy chewing on while taking your bath. I love to tickle you, your giggles are the best. And, you are quite ticklish! I also love listening to you sit and 'grunt' while playing. You are starting to babble more. You have recently picked up shaking your head 'no' for some things. YIKES! We are in trouble. You mainly do it when you are eating and you don't want anymore. Smart little guy! You LOVE trying to chew on my phone and the remotes, along with your daddy's caps. Everytime he is wearing a hat, you want it. Going out to eat is not nearly as simple as it was with Alyssa. You are okay for a little while, but then you are very antsy. You want to be on the move, or up walking around. Usually dinner entails us taking turns to eat and staying at the table with Alyssa. You go to others fairly easily - the baseball moms enjoy holding you which gives me some Alyssa time. I marvel at the sibling 'love' between you and Alyssa. Listening and watching you two play just melts my heart. Oh I love you sweet boy, and I thank you for making me smile everyday. I love you - Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment