Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break is here!

I have to start by talking about last Sunday...What an AWESOME day it was! We (all four of us) spent most of the day out in the backyard and on the back porch. We finally got out Austin's swing - took down one of Alyssa's...and watched the two of them swing side by side. We moved the playpen on the back porch, I graded papers :( outside, and we even went to pick up dinner and enjoyed eating outside.

I am so glad this past week is over. Alyssa had her first two softball games for the 'Thunder' team. Quite entertaining! She also was not feeling well. She got over the stomach bug, but then she got some sort of infection that led to some major draining of the ear. Took her to the doctor on Wednesday and got some meds. She is doing much better now - you could see a great difference one day later.

We also tried going out to eat one night...why do we do this??? Austin is not nearly as good as Alyssa was as restaurants! I ate some with Alyssa while dad took care of his boy. Got the to-go boxes and headed home quickly.

Baseball is not going too well right now for dad....we need some major prayers and hope for it to turn around in the right direction. Austin is into EVERYTHING! He wants to check out everything and put everything in his mouth. He is really starting to pull up on things a lot. He also likes to try to stand up on all fours. Looks like he is doing some push-ups or something! He is not really interested in sitting still at baseball games either. He loves to laugh at this toy horse that sings. He sits and bounces and giggles while it plays. I also laugh at how he sits and kicks his legs when he gets excited....reminds me of all the kicking I felt in my belly before he was born. And when you smile sometimes...you crinkle up your nose. SO cute.

Alyssa is so happy to be on spring break...as are we! Tonight she and I made a cake, and she had fun putting on the icing and sprinkles...along with licking the bowl and the icing. My kind of girl!

We have been busy the past few days. We had a birthday party on Friday, and two yesterday. Today was a family day...and it was awesome to not be in a rush anywhere. We went to church, then tried to take some pics but Austin was asleep, so we went to lunch instead. I actually got to eat as Austin stayed asleep in the booth while the three of us enjoyed our lunch. I had a bit of a moment....God was truly testing my patience....as Alyssa spilled cranberry juice on her dress. Remember....we didn't do the pictures...we were going back!!!! So, after my husband reminded me...along with me taking a chill pill...it was only an accident. So, after lunch we headed to take Easter pictures with a bunny. THANK GOODNESS for photo shop...the photographer said she would take care of it! The kids were GREAT at the pictures, and I can't wait to see them.

After that we headed home for the rest of the afternoon. Chad took Alyssa to softball practice...he even helped out. What a change to go from teenage boys to coaching 5-7 year old girls!!!

Looking forward to some great memories this week! I love you both so much.

And by the way....one of the GREATEST sounds in the world is the giggle of a baby! Makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment